Life on the Farm

Life on the Farm
Me and My Chicken Hess

Welcome New Friends

Welcome to my Fashion blog.... I hope to give you the latest tips on fashion and where to find, create and stand out in a crowd!

Spring thing

Spring thing
$10 Garden Party

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What I'm Loving Right Now...

Hi everyone! So if there is one thing I'm excited about, it is the new school year but even more is the 50s ensembles that were shown on the Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear Collection. I felt like an old hollywood star just by looking at the looks. They were so Grace Kelly and totally one of my favorite eras to see reborn on the runway. It is so easy to duplicate that look for less: 1. You need a forties pill box hat and a ladylike vintage bustier or blouse from the thrift store. Another essential is the high waisted full skirt that embodied the era. I would say an inch heeled shoe with bows absolutely! Try some muted red lipstick and your there. As for school, I'm going to do my normal mix of vintage mixed in with newer pieces, and my school year resolution is to take pictures of my daily outfits for you and post them. I have an awesome Jordache vintage acid wash jean jacked with cut-out bows up the back. Yesterday, I wore it with a couple of pieces from the new Material Girl line by Madonna and wore a black cross necklace from Forever 21 and my true 80s black frilly skirt that I've had forever. I wore my 80s buster brown flat boots that lace up and buckle and they have faded from being worn so many times. I topped off the look with a black bowler hat with a velvet bow on the back of it. I felt like I channeled my inner Material Girl and you can too. Her new line is beyond affordable. Have fun and stay fashionable! Thanks to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BRIDE

THE BRIDE
Even Halloween is a Fashion Opportunity!

The Bride

My Mom made this Fashionable Bride costume. She bought a vintage old wedding dress, soaked it in black dye so it would get that "old" look. She quickly rinsed it so it would not totally dye all the way. I worked at a haunted house for charity and we stained it with fake blood...I also found an old wig at the thrift shop. My total costume was like $8.00.