Life on the Farm

Life on the Farm
Me and My Chicken Hess

Welcome New Friends

Welcome to my Fashion blog.... I hope to give you the latest tips on fashion and where to find, create and stand out in a crowd!

Spring thing

Spring thing
$10 Garden Party

Saturday, July 17, 2010

HELLO NEW YORK!

Hi to everyone who may be reading this. I haven't blogged in such a long time due to computer problems but I'm back now and am ready to help all of you fashionistas out there find the best pieces for less. I am going to New York for the first time next week and I have so many places I would like to go. But my first priority is to pack. I'm packing the creme de le creme of my closet and the weather conditions don't seem like they will be agreeing with me according to the 10-day forecast. So far, I've packed a 1920s beaded top (think Jami Gertz in the Lost Boys) and a new black tulle skirt from Forever 21. I know what is essential and I'm trying not to let the weather affect what I choose to wear. I'm going to pack my newer black ankle boots from the Nordstrom Rack (they have studs on them) and definitely my lace up ankle boots, black foldover boots and maybe my black oxfords. I'm in a bit of a last minute rut at the moment. But as far as traveling goes, when I'm there I plan on going to stores like H&M and Topshop. I'm going to scour all the hole in the wall consigment shops that I can find and I really want to go to the Betsey Johnson store, oh and the Forever 21 there is a must........ For all of those who are out there or are reading this, please feel free to suggest any stores I may be missing out on before I leave. THANK YOU ALL!!!! Oh and I will document ALL of the outfits I am going to wearing and how much they all cost. I will also tell you what fall essentials every girl needs in her closet and how to get them on a budget. Thanks for reading my blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BRIDE

THE BRIDE
Even Halloween is a Fashion Opportunity!

The Bride

My Mom made this Fashionable Bride costume. She bought a vintage old wedding dress, soaked it in black dye so it would get that "old" look. She quickly rinsed it so it would not totally dye all the way. I worked at a haunted house for charity and we stained it with fake blood...I also found an old wig at the thrift shop. My total costume was like $8.00.