Life on the Farm

Life on the Farm
Me and My Chicken Hess

Welcome New Friends

Welcome to my Fashion blog.... I hope to give you the latest tips on fashion and where to find, create and stand out in a crowd!

Spring thing

Spring thing
$10 Garden Party

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tales of the Sale

I recently went to one of my favorite stores for a great bargain, Forever 21 was having a sale on select outerwear, I just scored an awesome jacket that looks just like a Balmain recreation except different. It used to be 32.80 and I got it for as little as 16.99. I was glad that I didn't shop on an impulse and buy it the first time I saw it because I would have regretted it! I also got home to find that my mom after her day of thrift store shopping found a pristine vintage Letterman's sweater from the 1950s. I'm so excited to wear it with the beat up old Rod Stewart slip ons I got for only $2! So, I ended up with some pretty good steals you couldn't find anywhere for less than $4 at my local thrift shop. I would definitely recommend The Wasteland in San Fransisco if you and your girls are planning a road trip anytime soon or if you are close by. It is the best place to find awesome one of a kind vintage that is practically brand new. The most recent and first time I went, I found an Adam Ant concert shirt for $42, a neon pink sweater for $15 and a really cool russian-ish, british guard hat for $28. A little pricey for me, but trust me, it is absolutely worth it. Despite my obbsession with everything eighties, since it is winter, I am going to store some of my (crazier) pieces away for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BRIDE

THE BRIDE
Even Halloween is a Fashion Opportunity!

The Bride

My Mom made this Fashionable Bride costume. She bought a vintage old wedding dress, soaked it in black dye so it would get that "old" look. She quickly rinsed it so it would not totally dye all the way. I worked at a haunted house for charity and we stained it with fake blood...I also found an old wig at the thrift shop. My total costume was like $8.00.